Friday, March 30, 2007 4:08 AM bart

Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Developer & IT Pro Days 2007 has come to an end. This year's edition in Ghent was in my opinion the best edition so far; congratulations to the entire organization: Tom, Ritchie, David, Arlindo, Wim and many others who made it a great success once more. I think the technical curiosity of the audience has been satisfied a bunch; let's make it even better next year!

For me, it was a quite busy week too. Yesterday, I delivered my talk on IIS 7.0 for developers, focusing on the most exciting features in the next-generation web application server platform from Microsoft. More specifically, we focused on extensibility using managed code (handlers and modules), the configuration system, the new IIS Manager and a bit of diagnostics and security. I'll post demo scripts and sample code later this week or beginning of next week, so stay tuned!

But Dev & IT Pro Days 2007 was also an important milestone for me. On the conference I made it official: starting October this year, I'll join the Microsoft Corporation headquarters in Redmond, WA to start to work on the WPF team, taking on a role as SDE in Building 10. I'll talk about the whole story later in a separate blog post.

PS: No worries, I'll keep blogging about exciting topics over here for the next couple of months!

Comments

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Friday, March 30, 2007 2:45 PM by Kris van der Mast

Hi Bart,

congratulations on the job at Microsoft. I'm sure they made the right choice by hiring you!

Grz, Kris.

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:43 AM by Tom Mertens

Way to go, Bart! Belgium sends out another great community guy and developer to Redmond... Congratulations.

# Bart De Smet Joins Microsoft's WPF Team In Redmond

Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:56 AM by Tom's MSDN Belux Corner

During his session at the Belgian Developer & IT Pro Days 2007 , Bart De Smet announced that he'll

# Bart De Smet Joins Microsoft's WPF Team In Redmond

Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:26 AM by RSS It All

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:48 AM by Tommy Carlier

Congrats. You deserve it. Just don't forget us little Belgians, and keep blogging.

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Saturday, March 31, 2007 11:34 AM by Didier Danse

Congratulations Bart.

I am so happy that you choosed to accept this opportunity!

Belgium is well represented in Redmond and joining belgian people will increase this reputation.

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:40 PM by David Boschmans

Congratulations with your excellent session on IIS at Dev & IT Pro Days 2007. I hope to have you again next year at our event ;-) ... covering WPF?

Congrats also with your move to Redmond: a big loss for the Belgian community but a win-win-win for Microsoft Corp!

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:40 PM by David Boschmans

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:47 PM by Jan Tielens

Congrats! All the best of luck in the states!

# of our lives » Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Monday, April 02, 2007 3:10 AM by /\/\o\/\/

Congrats on your new challenge !

Greetings /\/\o\/\/

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Monday, April 02, 2007 7:51 AM by Gabriel Lozano-Moran

Hello Bart, as I mentioned and shook your hand with my broken hand after your presentation at the Developer & IT Pro Days 2007 on IIS7 congratz man.

If there is someone that can strengthen the Microsoft forces it is definitely you. Although I am not native Belgian I am proudly to say that another Belgian guy will work at Microsoft in Redmond. Just don't abandon us, remember we have the best beer in the world :-D

# David Boschmans Weblog : Developer news and interesting resources

# Developer & IT Pro Days wrap-up

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:24 AM by Jelle Druyts

# re: Talking about Dev & IT Pro Days 2007, IIS 7.0 and moving to Redmond

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:15 AM by Pieter Gheysens

Congratulations Bart! Before you leave, we certainly have to fix a date for a <a href="http://www.visug.be">VISUG</a> session! I liked your IIS presentation at the Dev & It Pro days!

# Interesting Resources And News Of About Developers &raquo; D&#8217; Technology Weblog &mdash; Technology, Blogging, Gadgets, Fashion, Life Style.

# Arrived in Redmond + some hot .NET news

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 10:21 AM by B# .NET Blog

Just to let the community out there know I&#39;m alive and kicking in Redmond now... A while ago I announced

# Arrived in Redmond + some hot .NET news

Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:30 PM by Elan Hasson's Favorite Blogs

# Arrived in Redmond + some hot .NET news

Friday, December 21, 2007 7:45 AM by Developer Blogs

Just to let the community out there know I'm alive and kicking in Redmond now... A while ago I announced

# http://community.bartdesmet.net/blogs/bart/archive/2007/03/30/talking-about-dev-it-pro-days-2007-iis-7-0-and-moving-to-redmond.aspx