Thursday, November 13, 2003 8:34 AM bart

Windows PE, my hero

Yesterday I was struggling around with some 3rd party tools which (untfortunately) causes my system to spit blue :(. Fortunately the registry was back upped by this tool, so I could restore it from another OS. That's where Windows PE comes into play. Thanks to Windows PE, I was able to restore my system without the need to install another OS parallel with my Windows Server 2003 installation. Great!!!Del.icio.us | Digg It | Technorati | Blinklist | Furl | reddit | DotNetKicks

Comments

# re: Windows PE, my hero

Saturday, November 15, 2003 12:42 AM by bart

Windows PE? Never heard of it. Can you give a link to some more info

Saturday, November 15, 2003 12:56 PM by bart

Windows PE stands for Pre-installation Environment. It's a small Windows release of Windows XP which can run completely from a CD-ROM (compare it with running DOS from a diskette). I'm using this tool for my SchoolServer project at Microsoft Belux but unfortunately it's only available for volume license customers of Microsoft. However, there's a free alternative on http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/.

Friday, January 23, 2004 9:02 AM by bart

I've got it...

Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) 1.2
Readme Document
April 15, 2003

Thursday, April 08, 2004 3:01 PM by bart

Check this out for a great WinPE replacement

Friday, April 09, 2004 7:28 PM by bart

Indeed, I know of this as well, but I'm involved in a project of Microsoft Belux where we need to deploy Windows PE itself. Thanks for the feedback!

Sunday, May 09, 2004 5:26 PM by bart

@BartPE Nice Tools Bart !, I start to disassemble ERD Commander 2003 to a new OS Based on XP,2000 & 2003 called SatanOS, a Network, Cra**** & Disa******** related OS, the Idea Is to give people all over the world the might to hack what they want to...even chinese poeople a "not controlled" Net ! We are very surprised to find Barts Tools wich are very helpfull for the "little" Project. If anyone in this Blog have any Good Idea what we can embedd in Satan OS, you are welcome to post it here: -faz

Thursday, May 13, 2004 3:37 AM by bart

...Good Idea a VNC Client if course, where do I get satanOS ?

Sunday, May 30, 2004 12:29 AM by bart

Just read this and I'm sure you'll make your own customized one.

# re: Windows PE,

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 1:23 AM by bart

i wont dowanlod winpe

# satanOS, Satanic Boot CD

Monday, October 18, 2004 7:59 PM by bart

The Satanic Boot CD is done:

Check this out

and tell me what do think about it !

@ eval thx for the link, but...

If anyone know how to publish without getting trouble
Anybody with P2P server out there, please contact me

<a href="http://s4t4n.s4.funpic.de/Shots01.htm"><font color="#75CA02">Screenshots</font></a></font></p>

# satanOS, Satanic Boot CD

Monday, October 18, 2004 8:00 PM by bart

sry bad link please take the new one: http://s4t4n.s4.funpic.de/

Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:10 AM by bart

wer macht for me ne xp pe CD..bezahl auch was..!

galeb@online.hr

Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:04 PM by bart

i get a error.. saying..

---------------------------
Error message...
---------------------------
Source files wrong version.

File version "e:\i386\ntdll.dll" is 5.1.2600.0 should be 5.1.2600.1045 or higher.

You must use Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Server 2003 version of windows!

---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

where the hell do i get xp service pack 1?

Sunday, February 27, 2005 12:16 AM by bart

You'll need to perform a slipstream SP update. Take a look on the internet to find more information on this topic ("Windows XP SP slipstream"). Basically, you copy the i386 folder to the harddisk, download the service pack, and run the service pack executable with a flag (/integrate) to indicate that you want to slipstream to the given location (of the i386 folder). This way, you create a Windows installation source folder with the SP integrated.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:16 PM by bart